Forming an Opportunity Belief

I believe that there is opportunity in investing in Wells Fargo ATM's on campus. As someone who has a Wells Fargo account, finding an ATM on campus that actually works is a very difficult task. Most University of Florida students are on the Wells Fargo plan and they share the same difficulties finding working ATM's on campus. This need has risen as Wells Fargo now only has two ATM's on campus. There is currently nothing being done on campus to build Wells Fargo ATM's. I am very sure that this problem exists as I have spoken to other students about the issue and they share my frustration. 

The protypical customer in this situation is the average University of Florida student who has a Wells Fargo debit card. 

The first student I spoke to shared similar frustrations about the Wells Fargo ATM system on campus. This student claimed that increasing the amount of working Wells Fargo ATM's on campus is a priority as she constantly takes out money to go out to eat with her friends. Since this student lives in Broward Hall which is close to an ATM, the need isn't that urgent, but she claimed to always complain about the ATM not working. This student first became aware of the need when she was about to take out money to go out with her friends and the ATM machine in Broward wasn't working so she had to walk all by herself in the cold to go to the Reitz Union ATM machine. This student is fulfilling her issue by going to the ATM whenever there is no issue with the Broward machine and taking out as much money as she can for the week. 

What I learned from conducting this interview is that this student needs are not being met by the Wells Fargo company. This student seemed very happy at the idea of Wells Fargo investing in more ATM systems on campus and improving their current system so that the machines aren't always needing maintenance. 

The second student I spoke to is a student who lives in the Springs Complex area. This student seemed disappointed in Wells Fargo for the way they conduct their business by luring students to the program during preview and providing them with abysmal service once they use the ATM's. This student claims there is a large need for more ATM's on campus as he always has to commute to the Reitz Union just to take out money. This student claims that the need is great as he always takes out money he believes he needs just for the week. This student first became aware of the need during his first week on campus when he had no clue where the ATM's were or how he could access them. This student claims that Wells Fargo has done nothing to build more ATM's on campus. He is not happy with the way Wells Fargo is running their ATM system on campus.

What I learned from conducting this interview is that it is apparent that more ATM's need to be built on campus. The most surprising thing I learned was that this student had to take a bus just to get money for himself meaning that there is a great need for more ATM's.

The last student I spoke to lives off campus and claims to be extremely frustrated by the current system of ATM's as she has to walk 20 minutes to get from her apartment to the ATM. She described that there was not only a need for more ATM's on campus, but off campus as well. This student became aware of the need when she moved out of her dorm last year and lived off campus. This student constantly spends money just to take out money as she faces charges from ATM's off campus that she uses that aren't on the Wells Fargo system. Her need for an off campus ATM is therefore huge. The student mentioned how nothing is being done to fix the issue and she seems quite frustrated with it. 

From this interview, I learned how difficult it must be for off campus students who are on the Wells Fargo ATM system. What I learned about my opportunity is that it can be expanded into building off campus ATM's. 

My opportunity belief did not change after conducting my interviews. However, I do believe it is important for Wells Fargo to build more ATM's on and off campus. I believe that my new opportunity is more accurate than I thought it would be as more students share my frustration. I believe that entrepreneurs should invest in more Wells Fargo ATM's as there is a great demand for them.  

Comments

  1. Hey Franco,
    I relate to your problem completely, I hate it when I use an ATM and get a $3 service fee because it's not my banks ATM. I believe I have a solution for you. If Gainesville continues in the direction it is right now of adding Wawas in Gainesville then we will be saved from these ATM fees. Wawa has no charges on any bank at its ATM and thats only one of the reasons Wawa is so great. I believe this will solve the problem of there being no Wells Fargo ATM's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment