Halfway Reflection
1) What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course? I have set up my calendar to notify me when I should begin working on my assignments and I try to constantly keep up with the assignments by working on them the day before they are due.
2) Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this? One moment where I felt like giving up was when I had two exams one week and two very difficult assignments due for this class the next day. That was probably the most difficult time for me this semester and I felt like giving up. What pulled me through was knowing that my grades would go up. I have developed a tenacious attitude because I've fought through difficult adversities and have made sacrifices throughout the semester to improve my grades. One experience that contributed to this was me getting very ill and then having two exams the following week. That time was extremely difficult for me as I felt awful and couldn't study but pushed through and spent relentless hours in the library.
3) What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ? Three tips I would offer next semester's student about fostering skills that support tenacity and developing the tenacious mindset would be to make sacrifices for better grades. The next tip I would give this student would be to fight through everything and dedicate yourself to school. The last tip I would give this student is to go to the library. That is one of my favorite places to study and I actually get my work done there.
2) Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this? One moment where I felt like giving up was when I had two exams one week and two very difficult assignments due for this class the next day. That was probably the most difficult time for me this semester and I felt like giving up. What pulled me through was knowing that my grades would go up. I have developed a tenacious attitude because I've fought through difficult adversities and have made sacrifices throughout the semester to improve my grades. One experience that contributed to this was me getting very ill and then having two exams the following week. That time was extremely difficult for me as I felt awful and couldn't study but pushed through and spent relentless hours in the library.
3) What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ? Three tips I would offer next semester's student about fostering skills that support tenacity and developing the tenacious mindset would be to make sacrifices for better grades. The next tip I would give this student would be to fight through everything and dedicate yourself to school. The last tip I would give this student is to go to the library. That is one of my favorite places to study and I actually get my work done there.

Hey Franco,
ReplyDeleteI like how you've planned out when you should start working on your assignments for this class. Its definitely better and convenient to work on these assignments on the weekend because that just gives you more time for your classes. I agree with you on the part of making sacrifices because these 4 years are going to shape our future and we might as well make the most of it now. I have realized that I can actually get some studying done in the library and not anywhere else.