Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

1. One opportunity in the economy could be investing in renewable energy. I found this information when I was researching economic trends and every article mentioned climate change. As climate change worsens economic figures, then more people will begin investing in renewable energy. This suggests an opportunity would exist in renewable energy as governments will seek to subsidize new energy sources. The average American consumer is most likely to be the customer in this opportunity. Overtime, the problem will become easy to exploit as people will be investing in renewable energy sources. I saw this opportunity because its a market that no one really controls yet and more people will be investing in renewable sources in the future.
2. Another opportunity in the economy is investing in streaming services. I found this information when I was researching recent trends in society. The source of the information that led me to this was just researching economic trends and how society is changing. Statistics show that more people are watching television on streaming services like Hulu and Netflix as cable tv ratings are dwindling. The protypical customer is the average teenager who doesn't use cable tv. The opportunity is relatively difficult to exploit as there are already many streaming services available. I saw this opportunity because so many people are switching from cable tv to streaming services.
3. A regulation that has created opportunity is the high taxes on nicotine devices. This has created an opportunity for the cigarette industry as nicotine devices have become so expensive that people now are buying cigarettes. I found this opportunity while researching recent regulations in Gainesville. As someone who frequently purchases nicotine products, I've noticed a steep increase in e-cigarettes while regular cigarette prices have remained constant meaning that more people will begin to buy cigarettes. The person most likely to buy cigarettes is someone who has become addicted to nicotine through e-cigarettes but can't support their needs. The opportunity is easy to exploit because cigarettes are being seen as a more feasible option. I formed this belief because as a consumer the prices for nicotine devices are too high in Gainesville and have impacted the way people buy them.
4. A regulation that has created opportunity is the Clean Power Plan. This regulation has created an opportunity for those investing in the green economy. I found this regulation in Harvard Law's list on recent regulations passed in the US. This information suggests an opportunity exists because it regulates certain factories from omitting too much carbon dioxide which warms the planet meaning more people will begin investing in renewable forms of energy. The protypical customer would be someone looking to power their home with clean energy. The opportunity is easy to exploit as people are looking to invest in clean energy. I formed this belief because the world is evolving into a more sustainable movement.

Comments

  1. Hi Franco,
    I see an opportunity with the first point that you mentioned. I think there's a lot of scope when it comes to renewable energy resources and if the government starts investing in that department and subsidizing it like you mentioned then the climate can be improved greatly. There's also a lot of scope in clean energy because with time passing, people are becoming aware of surrounding issues and how their negligence and unawareness is negatively impacting the environment and hence are now trying to actively find new and more efficient methods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Franco,
    I also agree with the opportunities that will arise from issues with climate change. Hopefully subsidies will be in place to progress this sector which will encourage innovation. I believe that the Clean Power Plan you mentioned could act as a catalyst for change and new opportunities in this sector. The regulation of nicotine will either cause the market to shrink or lead to innovation in it in ways to get around the regulations and meet the demands of customers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment