Reading Reflection Number 1

I read about Elon Musk:

1) What surprised you the most? What surprised me the most about Elon Musk was his diversification of his funds. Elon Musk invests in a lot of futuristic companies that focus on innovation, but he also invests heavily in the stock market. Another fact  that surprised me about Elon Musk is the fact that he started his own web software company.

What about the entrepreneur do you most admire? What I admire most about Elon Musk are his goals to improve humanity by reducing global warming through sustainable consumptions of energy and colonizing mars. His futuristic aspirations for the world are extremely impressive and something I admire.

What about the entrepreneur do you least admire? What I least admire about Musk is his influence in politics. He donates vast amount of money to lobbyist groups and to certain politicians to influence their votes. I dislike these billionaires buying elections and I think he should focus on fixing the planet, not make it more corrupt.

Did the entrepreneur encounter adversity and failure? If so, what did they do about it? Elon Musk faced large amounts of adversity as in 1995 he unsuccessfully applied for a job at netscape. In 1996, he was ousted as the CEO of his own company. Elon Musk's failures might have set him back, but he used these failures to motivate his future successes.

2) What competencies did you notice that the entrepreneur exhibited? The competencies Elon Musk exhibited is his vast creativity. All of Elon Musk's ideas focus on creating a better world through using innovative ideas.

3) Identify at least one part of the reading that was confusing to you. The part of the reading that was most confusing to me was the part that discussed how Musk went from riches to rags and then to riches once again. His luck also confused me because no one was ever that lucky.

4) If you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why? My first question to Elon Musk would be what motivated him to attempt to save the world from global warming and other similar issues? This is important because everyone has different views of the world and how to fix its issues. The next question I would ask him is how he taps into his creativity? Elon Musk is one of the most innovative and creative inventors since Benjamin Franklin. His creative mindset is extremely interesting and I would like to hear more about it.

5) What do you think the entrepreneurs opinion was of hard work? Do you share that opinion? I believe that Elon Musk is a hard worker but he is also a very efficient worker. Elon Musk definitely spends hours thinking about what his next invention is going to be. I do not share that opinion as I'm not necessarily creative.





f you were able to ask two questions to the entrepreneur, what would you ask? Why?

Comments

  1. Hi Franco,

    I agree with many of your answers! I had no idea Elon Musk worked to help global warming, but to be fair, I didn't know too much about him to begin with. I only knew of some of his ideas. The book you read I think shows a good diversification on building your business and gives good examples on how to plan your new product/service.

    You did a great job summarizing Elon Musk for the assignment!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment