Testing the Hypothesis, Part 1

1) The opportunity I have identified is investing in renewable energy.

2) Investing in renewable energy is a great opportunity as it is the future of the energy economy. Governments continue subsidizing green energy and continue striving for a better environment. The who are investors in clean energy and government officials promoting these policies. The what is the fact that they are investing in renewable energy sources. The why is because governments are subsidizing them thus making them cheaper and inexpensive.

3) There is an opportunity in clean renewable energy as governments continue subsidizing it and it continues to become less expensive.

4) A. The first person I spoke to was a senior political science student here at the University of Florida. I asked her what she thought about the project and she mentioned how it was a great idea to invest in renewable sources as it'll save the planet and make money. I asked this student if she believed there would be any difficulties in the opportunity and she said that depending if congress enacts more green legislation bills and they get signed by the president then there would be more money being subsidized to you, but if they don't you'll have less of an opportunity. I then asked her why she believes it would work and she said that recent trends show how societies are becoming greener and they're enacting new laws for it.

B. The second person I spoke to was a second year pre-med student. The student discussed how he thought it was a great idea but that it wouldn't happen for another ten years because governments aren't green enough yet. When asked if there would be any difficulties in the opportunity, the student noted how he believed that the opportunity would face my difficulties as people would rather pay less for energy than have green energy. He simply believed that no one would pay for more expensive energy.

C. The third person I spoke to was a first year business major who really liked the idea. He believed it was time that someone take the opportunity to invest in renewable energy. When I asked him how he felt about the idea that the government would provide subsidies making clean energy inexpensive, he said that the government would pass more laws making it cheaper to invest in renewable energy. I next asked him if there would be any difficulties in the opportunity and he said that I should try in a different country with more progressive renewable energy laws.

D. The fourth person I spoke to was a second year accounting major who loved the idea. This student said that the environment should be a main focus of the government and that we should do everything in our power to fix it. He believed that investing in a company that focuses on green energy would greatly affect our country as we need to be a leader in the industry. When asked about how the opportunity looks to him, he said that there is great opportunity in the field as there are millions of Americans who want to be using clean energy in their homes. When asked why the opportunity would work, the student commented how green energy is the future.

E. The last student I spoke with was a pre-law senior who completely disliked the idea. This student said that while the environment is an important issue, no one would pay more for their energy just because its clean. She completely said that the government would never provide subsidies for green energy under the current administration. When asked about the opportunity, she claimed that people would use other sources of energy instead since they're cheaper.

5. What I know now that I didn't know before is that there's so many people interested in green energy and who want their homes to be powered by renewable sources.

Comments

  1. Hey Franco,

    I love your proposal! I feel like more needs to be done to work towards renewable energy and trying to preserve our resources as best we can. I feel like maybe you should have elaborated on the introduction of it all; on the boundaries presented and of testing the whos. I think maybe you should also have interviewed a more varied group of individuals; perhaps someone well past their college experiences. Otherwise, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Franco,

    I completely agree with the necessity for greener and more sustainable energy sources and can only hope that this will be a norm in the future. I agree with some of the sentiments of the fourth student you interviewed and believe that in order to completely secure any subsidies there would need to be initiatives to restate to people the importance of renewable energy and to appoint an administration who shares the same beliefs. Hopefully, eventually, we will only be using renewable energy sources.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment