Growing Your Social Capital
1A) The first person I spoke with is a woman who has a similar idea to me and is trying to lobby to members in congress in Washington DC at the moment for incentives for renewable energy consumers.
2A) This person would be a domain expert because she is an environmental science major and knows exactly what she's talking about and she has the background to show it. She currently is a lobbyist for environmental issues.
3A) I found this person while attending the University of Florida and met her in one of my classes.
4A) The exchange nature I have with this person is that they will be employed at my company once we are able to break through congress one day.
5A) This is a huge connection in Washington DC and can give us some important votes on the Hill.
1B) The second person I spoke with is a man who owns a company that produces solar panels.
2B) This person would be the supplier to our industry.
3B) I found this person looking up companies that produce solar panels on the internet.
4B) The nature of exchange I have with this person is positive, I've spoken to him a couple of times very briefly.
5B) This person will be huge for my network and will connect me with important industry leaders who can teach me a lot about producing solar panels and implementing them in people's homes.
1C) The last person I spoke to is a double major at the University of Florida with majors in Public Relations and Marketing.
2C) This person will be our expert on the market as she will reach out to other firms and possible clients in effective and efficient ways.
3C) I met this person on campus and she loved the idea and wanted to support it any way she could.
4C) I had a very pleasant exchange with this person who wanted to work with this project anyway she could.
5C) Including this person in my network would be pivotal in reaching out to people and seeing what they want our company to produce.
Reflect: This assignment will help me understand how people connect in the future and how important it is to build a strong team around you. This experience did not change how I network with others compared to other times.
2A) This person would be a domain expert because she is an environmental science major and knows exactly what she's talking about and she has the background to show it. She currently is a lobbyist for environmental issues.
3A) I found this person while attending the University of Florida and met her in one of my classes.
4A) The exchange nature I have with this person is that they will be employed at my company once we are able to break through congress one day.
5A) This is a huge connection in Washington DC and can give us some important votes on the Hill.
1B) The second person I spoke with is a man who owns a company that produces solar panels.
2B) This person would be the supplier to our industry.
3B) I found this person looking up companies that produce solar panels on the internet.
4B) The nature of exchange I have with this person is positive, I've spoken to him a couple of times very briefly.
5B) This person will be huge for my network and will connect me with important industry leaders who can teach me a lot about producing solar panels and implementing them in people's homes.
1C) The last person I spoke to is a double major at the University of Florida with majors in Public Relations and Marketing.
2C) This person will be our expert on the market as she will reach out to other firms and possible clients in effective and efficient ways.
3C) I met this person on campus and she loved the idea and wanted to support it any way she could.
4C) I had a very pleasant exchange with this person who wanted to work with this project anyway she could.
5C) Including this person in my network would be pivotal in reaching out to people and seeing what they want our company to produce.
Reflect: This assignment will help me understand how people connect in the future and how important it is to build a strong team around you. This experience did not change how I network with others compared to other times.
Hey Franco,
ReplyDeleteGreat job on your post. Your selection of experts in the market, domain and supplier seem to fit really well together given their qualification and experience. You seem to have made some great networking connections whose ideas and values resonate with yours and can bolster the success of your business. I hope you get enough votes and are able to break through congress to get your business idea approved because its going to be a major breakthrough in terms of cost and improving the environment, econmy.
Hey Franco,
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job identifying people needed for your product/service. It shows that you already know how to connect with others and build your social capital. With some great people listed, it shows you've put a lot of thought into this idea, or at least have been considering it for a while now! For wanting to be a lawyer/politician, you seem to do quite well in an entrepreneurship class.
I don't think it will be too difficult finding people who support an economical change with solar panels, however, you definitely need to be in the right area for that. My visit to Hawaii years ago showed me that; there were so many houses with solar panels, it was almost difficult on its own finding buildings without.