Reading Reflection 2

1) The general overview of this book is the focus on the third industrial revolution which the author believes will wipe out cheap labor and institute robots to replace them.

2) This book connects with the things I've learned in this class because it taught me how to view the future of the economy and what will happen to our jobs and how innovation will be the leader in changing our world.

3) If I had to design an exercise for this class it would be for students to envision what the future of the economy would look like? How would certain sectors of the economy change? What would change with how people consume items? What would change in terms of manufacturing our items in the future?

4) The biggest surprise I noticed from the book was the fact that a third revolution was occurring and how it would impact the poorest Americans who would all be out of a job. This would impact so many people around the world.

Comments

  1. Hi Franco,
    I think it was really interesting to see the idea of a third industrial revolution and I do believe that it will come sooner than we are imagining it to. I think books like these are the only way that humans can prepare themselves for a large change that they must adapt to in order to continue being successful in the future. I think it is important for people to consider the future more clearly as we are usually only considering the same version of today in our future plans and that will leave a lot of people unemployed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Franco, I thought it was very interesting to read your thoughts about the third industrial revolution. I think its very cool that this book talks about the future of the economy especially in a time that we are experiencing with the Covid-19 virus out. Since the virus has been out, I feel like we are entering a new world era because of how much we are relying on technology to stay connected within the house. I feel like this book is very relevant to our times right now. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment